Friday, October 19, 2012

Right Here, Today

Now, as I prepare to go on my first outreach trip of this journey, I am frantically typing.  In a matter of hours I will be on my way to spend the weekend serving at a children's home near Nairoi with about half of the rest of my team.  I am so looking forward to discovering what this weekend will bring!  I am excited for the things I am going to learn, the relationships I will be blessed to form, and all the opportunities God has awaiting me.  While I will greatly miss my brothers and sisters I will leave behind at the base, I am grateful for the ones I take with me and the bonding moments we are bound to share! 
This week has been a truly exciting one.  I was so happy to have my brothers and sisters back with me after my quite, yet eventful weekend!  It was a joy to see them return to our home away from home.  Monday we started a very new and exciting teaching from the founder of our base, an Englishman, Edward Ravenhall.  God has spoken so profoundly through him all week. I can’t wait until his book comes out! 
It was good to spend time with him and his two friends, Dave and Dawn, he brought with him-simply sharing meals, going to see African big cats with them like I did on Monday, taking our tea break in the middle of our morning lecture with them, etc.  For, as Ed would describe it, through this interaction with him, just as with other Christians, we have been glimpsing the Kingdom of God.  This is an incredible revelation he has been giving us this week as we have studied the character of God.  It has ben a great encouragement to us, to go out into the world and actively build up God’s Kingdom in everything we do by increasing the amount of God’s character we embody and release into the world around us.  A call crying, “Waken the saints.  Arouse a sleeping Church.”  And this starts right here. It starts today, on a weekend outreach at a children’s home as God continues to tenderize my heart for His people.
~Chloe Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment